100 years ago, Palestine was drenched in malaria, making it either uninhabitable in many areas or thinly populated. 90 years ago, Palestine became the first place in the world where a successful national malaria-eradication campaign began.
The following presentations all relate to aspects of these events - please click the [links] to view each presentation.
- A general [overview] of Malaria 100 years ago in Palestine, together with an examination of the contribution of Dr Israel Kligler, and of his achievement in malaria eradication.
- A warning to [travellers] of the dangers of malaria.
- Malaria and its effect on the outcome of [World War 1]
- Detailed aspects of Malaria Eradication:
a. The [swamps] of Palestine and early unsuccessful attempts at malaria eradication.
b. Eradication of malaria:-
- early [unsuccessful] attempts.
- subsequent [successful] steps together with explanations of education.
- An acceptance, a fatalism, a sense of the [inevitability] of malaria.
- Co-operation of Arabs and Jews in Palestine 90 years ago, despite: -
(i) [Anticipated] difficulties.
(ii) [Unexpected] difficulties.
e. [Durability] of malaria elimination in Palestine.
- 1930 [Textbook] by Dr I Kligler "The Epidemiology and Control of Malaria in Palestine."
- A [link] with democracy perhaps?
Please read our [Cookies Policy]